Fawnboy

(n.) one who is so obsessed with a musical artist that the band and/or its members become deified.

Ex. "He's such a fawnboy for the Mars Volta. Last night, he was all like, 'Cedric and Omar are GODS! If I was able to, I would totally have their fro-haired babies.'" and "Shut up, stupid fawnboy."(recommended usage)

also (v.) to act as a fawnboy.

Ex. "He's totally fawnboying over KISS, despite the fact that the band is just four old guys in Halloween costumes and make-up playing mediocre-at-best rock and roll." or "I used to fawnboy a lot for Rush, I never took off my 2112 t-shirt until it got absolutely caked with Cheeto dust... but I'm better now."

also (adj.) characteristic of a fawnboy.

Ex. "Stop being so fawnboy about Metallica. St Anger was a crap album, just deal with it."
-Ryan Wilson